15 January 2010 12:08
As T-Mobile in the UK have decided not to support the Twitter short code, getting a mobile connected is not as easy as it should be, and not helped by the fact that most links on the Twitter website go nowhere, so come on Twitter and T-Mobile, get your act together.....
Anyway, the following finally worked, but make sure you don't miss a step along the way, as there is no feedback or prompting so you are sending blind.
1. Send START to +44 763 4801423 then wait 2 minutes
2. Send your username to +44 763 4801423 (just username, no @ or anything else) then wait 2 minutes
3. Send your password to +44 763 4801423 (note: case sensitive) then wait 2 minutes
4. Send OK to +44 763 4801423 (I missed this and couldn't understand why I couldn't send any Tweets)
5. Send a test message to +44 763 4801423 - should appear on your account within seconds - if so all is working. If not check you have followed every step.
Remember this one-way texting, you will not get back any confirmation or prompts from Twitter unlike with a short code sign-up.